Hello everybody, today I have had to change my plans once again because, as you can see from the title, I have been nominated for another blogging award! And again I have the nice young lady named Annlyel of annlyelonline to thank as she nominated me for the “Mystery Blogger Award”. (I think Annlyel may be spying for the First Order who are hunting me…she keeps asking me questions – maybe to gather intel on me?) Anyway thank you Annlyel, I do appreciate my nomination and to qualify for the award there are the usual rules and procedures to follow. As always I am going to struggle to name 5 or more blogs that I haven’t already mentioned as recommendations but I will do my best with the other segments.
The “rules” are as follows:
1.Put the award logo/image on your blog
2.List the rules
3.Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4.Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5.Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6.Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers (if possible)
7.Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8.Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9.Share a link to your best post(s)
I have sort of put the logo image on my page because I thought I had to make my own version of it at first so used it for my title header image above ^^…but it kinda looks a bit “X-Files”. I didn’t know where to get the official image from then I thought “maybe the person who created and started this award has it on her site” so I visited the site and there it was! Rule 4 states I need to mention the creator so I will. Her name is Okoto Enigma, and her blog is Okoto Enigma’s Blog which can be found at: Okoto Enigma’s Blog
Now here are the three facts about For!
1) I have only been designing seriously since 2015 after I bought my first lightsaber. The company I bought my hilt from offered a product called “Adaptive Saber Parts (ASP)” where you could use an online virtual builder to “design your dream saber” . You choose different pieces to make your own design from a selection of handgrips, switches, blade holders and pommels. You could then buy the corresponding parts to assemble the saber at home. I spent way too much time using that website designing hilts like this..
The company then held a saber design contest on their forum which I entered and was fortunate enough to win. This convinced me I could probably design sabers as a hobby…I designed over 300 using that website.
But around a year ago the company updated their website and my laptop wasn’t able to access it any more so I had to learn how to use 3D modelling software to continue designing. The good news is that I can now design my own bespoke lightsabers from scratch and make them look like this…(this is just a few!)
2) I am a pianist/keyboard player and used to be part of a cabaret act! I had to sing, dance and play keyboards in bars and clubs around the UK. We also had a full stage show with lighting and costumes. One of the highlights of the job came when I got to perform at a club, on a stage, that my favourite band had played on. That band was Queen – Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon! And I got to play Bohemian Rhapsody – LIVE – on the very stage they had performed on! I got rather emotional that night.
3) As a youngling I had a very unusual claim to fame. I was one of only three people in my town who could operate the film projector in my local cinema! My father knew the chief projectionist as they talked to each other on “Citizen’s Band” radio. I was invited to check out the projection room lots of times and learnt how the projector worked. I knew how to load the machine and swap reels (which were approximately 1m/3ft in diameter, not the small decorative film canisters you can get for your home décor!) and even got to run a “show” for a paying audience while the official projectionist watched on!
I think I have to answer 5 questions including one “Weird” one….
(Weird) 1. What strange food combination have you ever experimented with and realized it was actually kind of delicious?
A) I did try Portion Bread with Peanut Butter spread once (Portion Bread is the green bread roll, or biscuits as they are known in the USA, that you might have seen Rey eat in The Force Awakens). But a strange real world food combination I used to eat was Sugar Sandwiches. As it sounds it was just two slices of buttered bread with a sprinkling of sugar as the filling. I suffered from bad health as a child and when I was ill I’d get so poorly I couldn’t eat proper food so I was given these sandwiches to keep up my energy. It was a “recipe” my grandfather used to make along with his “magic” Whisked Egg Milkshakes.
2. If there was any ancient civilization you could visit what would it be?
A) I think I’d like to visit ancient Egypt to see how the pyramids were built and compare them to the Jedi Temples like those on Yavin 4 and the Sith Fortresses like the one on the moon named Dxun.
3. What’s your favourite holiday movie?
A) I don’t really have a favourite holiday movie as I watch films all year round if I have the time. But I do like the National Lampoons vacation films!
4. What’s your idea of a dream vacation?
A) I like to get in my Naboo Star Skiff and fly out to Bal’ Demnic. It has mixed emotions for me as it is on Bal’Demnic that I was seriously injured in a battle trying to stop the Confederation of Independent Systems (CIS) from taking control of a Cortosis mine but the planet has some seriously beautiful ocean and forests away from the civilised/industrial areas. They also have great big Hawk-Bats swooping around in the misty atmosphere all along the coastlines. But I’ll be spending most of my time in future in my new apartment…nice huh?
5. Reality, drama, or comedy; what’s your favorite television show genre?
A) Tough one this as I like both drama (mainly sci-fi) and comedy. It depends on my mood but maybe comedy – just. I like crazy comedy like the British shows Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Dad’s Army, Allo’Allo’ and Only Fools and Horses.
Star Wars Trivia!…..Bruce Boa starred in an episode of Fawlty Towers titled “The Americans” as a tourist who stays at the Fawlty Towers hotel and tries to order a Waldorf Salad and a Screwdriver to drink. It is probably the most popular episode of the show. Well….Bruce Boa also played the part of General Carlist Rieeken, the Rebel Alliance commander on Hoth in Empire Strikes Back!
Finally I need to direct you to my favourite post or posts. I have a few posts I am proud of and would like to share them with you:
First up is “For Tyeth Tries Blender 3D!” where I began my real journey into designing using dedicated 3D design software and not have to rely on Third Party websites. It was where “The For Awakened” you could say! Here is the LINK
My second post is a post that caused me a lot of anguish as I had a design I was extremely proud of…but it was lost to a computer glitch as I attempted to save the files. I had to rebuild the saber from scratch using my memory. To see how I managed you can check out “New Asguard” – Inspired by Marvel’s Thor” by clicking HERE.
And lastly, I have “Furious – inspired by the Red Fury Stormtroopers” which I posted a few months ago. It shows how good my Force premonition is as Disney/Lucasfilm recently announced some new Troopers (and toy merchandise) namely the “Sith Trooper” and guess what? They wear red and black armour…just like my saber! To see how similar they are you can click HERE.
I still have many more sabers and designs to bring to you all and as a treat here is a sneak peek of the Master Series collection of hilts I announced last week. There is a Rey Graflex from the new Episode 9 film, Anakin’s saber from Episode 2, a hilt for Darth Vader….plus a saber for THE master…Luke Skywalker!
Thanks once more to Annlyel, I hope this post meets approval. I also hope you will all return to view future posts…as you have seen there is plenty more to come. Thanks for all the support. Till next time….
FTSabersite and all it’s content (including all saber designs and imaging) is ©Copyright of For Tyeth/FTSabersite 2016-2019. Star Wars related material is Trademark/©Copyright of Disney/LucasFilm.