Hello Everybody….Today is very special as I have been given the honour of calling myself a holder of a Liebster Award! And the people I have to thank for the nomination are the wonderful Mr & Mrs NW of the site NavigatingWorldsBlog. Mr & Mrs NW are avid Sci-Fi and Fantasy book readers and produce great reviews and articles on those books and topic. They felt that I was worthy of this accolade and to accept it I have 10 questions to answer, then I have the opportunity to ask 10 questions of my own to my list of nominees. A much fuller explanation of the rules can be found on the site The Global Aussie. But now I guess I need to answer Mr & Mrs NW’s questions! Here goes….
1) You need a team of 3 people to help you overthrow an emperor. Which fictional characters would you recruit and why?
As a wannabe Jedi (I have to say wannabe or Disney/Lucasfilm might try and take me to court!) I would have to choose Luke Skywalker. He has already helped defeat one Emperor with his Dad’s help and Luke demonstrated his experience and knowledge to great effect in The Last Jedi.
Secondly I would choose Gurney Halleck from Frank Herbert’s galaxy of Dune. Gurney is a respected “Man at Arms” and tactician. And should my band of heroes ever lead an army of peacekeepers afterwards then I would have Skywalker and Halleck to inspire them.
Thirdly I would select Shrek as a team member. I am quite well known for liking green and Shrek is green, has faced evil kings and could provide some comic relief!
2) What is the most surprising twist you have come across in a novel?
I read through one particular book all 300 pages and when I got to the climax I turned the page and found there had been a printing error….the page was blank!! I guess that is one plot twist that would leave you guessing (though I’m not sure it really counts but I thought it was a funny story that happened to me)
3) You are hunting for a house to buy with your family. The only places available are Northern Westeros (north of the wall), Mordor, and Arrakis. At which location will you purchase a home?
I guess in conjunction with my first answer I would have to choose Arrakis as my team of heroes would be at home on a sand dune planet (well maybe not Shrek). Luke grew up around the deserts of Tatooine, whilst Gurney is a Fremen from Arrakis anyway and he could introduce me to the locals!
4) If you had to attend a fictional school of magic, which one would you select?
While not quite a magic school in the traditional style of Gryffindor, I did attend the Almas Jedi Academy in the Cularin System. It was an academy set up by the Jedi to secretly monitor an ancient Sith fortress and I was sent by the Jedi Council as one the Masters to teach there. The school was destroyed sadly during The Clone Wars.
You can read more about it here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Almas_Academy
5) You are the likable, but slightly useless, best friend to the main character. What one skill keeps you out of trouble?
I have the ability of premonition. I know what I am going to say before I say it! Seriously though I do have a little bit of an ability to predict the future as I posted this image on a lightsaber themed forum TWO weeks before The Force Awakens was released. If you have seen the film you will remember a large alien called a Rathtar climbed onto the Millennium Falcon’s cockpit and made a mess on the windows as Han Solo blasted out of the hanger of the cargo vessel the Falcon was docked in. So I would be able to see upcoming dangers!
6) If you had to read every single book by one author, which author would you pick?
Alistair MacLean. I read the novel Sea Witch while I was still a youngling (I was nine years old at the time). To this day I still remember the images I formed in my head reading this book and can see the oil rig and the missile launchers which were installed on it. Then obviously there are his other books like “Guns of Navarone”, “Where Eagles Dare” and “Ice Station Zebra” plus I think another 102 other titles!
7) Which is the best country in the world?
Having been nominated by Mr & Mrs NW who hail from New Zealand I should say NZ but to be honest, there is no one country that is better than another….it is the people that make a part of the world great. However there are good and bad people from all nations.
So can I vote for WordPress-landia, the land of the best bloggers?
8) You are on an epic quest to save the world. You can take either a phoenix, a dragon, or an old bearded man. Which do you choose?
Wow another quest! You like to keep me busy don’t you? Again I would have to opt for experience and knowledge in the form of the bearded old man. This person (probably Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi) would have lived through and survived many situations and with proper guidance could teach me and pass on their knowledge to help me save the world.
9) Wine or Beer?
Depends on the occasion, I do drink both now and then but I do like a nice Sullustrian Gin when I can get one! (Can’t stomach Synth-col though, it has to be proper alcohol not artificial).
10) You have struck it lucky and book blogging is your full-time pursuit but you need a co-author for your blog. Who do you choose and why?
Number ten already? I am not the biggest reader in the world (at least not fiction reading) so I would need a really good Co-Author. I could form a short list which would consist of TheButtonEyedReader who I met when I first started blogging (nearly 18 months ago now – how time flies!). Then there are Nancy and Kathleen of Graphic Novelty2 who are both librarians. All three young ladies would make great Co-Authors but already have fantastic blogsites of their own (click on their names to visit their sites) so may be busy. So could I suggest Jocasta Nu, the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant? Jocasta would have a vast knowledge of literature from all corners of the galaxy which would be a tremendous asset to a noobie such as myself!
Phew! I am one third the way through this post and I believe I now have the opportunity to ask 11 questions of my own to my nominee candidates so here goes….
1) If you could re-write the end to any story, which story would it be and why?
2) I am currently watching the heroic (or crazy?) exploits of the Winter Olympic athletes, which of these events (or any sport in general if you are unsure about ice based sports) would you like to try?
3) A man takes his dog for a walk. The dog is on a leash that is 5 meters long, how far into the woods can the dog walk?
Ok, I got slightly distracted with those last two questions ( I am struggling to come up with more 😀 )
4) Back to serious questions, which two genres of books would you like to see used in a crossover or mash-up novel/book?
5) I am slowly working through watching the TV series “Outlander” on the Starz Network, so which show would you recommend I try watching next?
6) What is the best piece of book trivia you know?
7) This last year I have met a few famous people including Bossk from the film The Empire Strikes Back and the Doctor Who assistant Ace (aka Sophie Aldred). Have you met any famous people through blogging?
8) I have played electronic keyboards/synthesizers for over 35 years, what is your longest running hobby/pastime?
9) I am nearly at the end of this journey of questions, but first what was the most interesting journey you have made?
10) As you may know I design custom lightsabers, so which TV/Film/Book character would you suggest I create a design based on? (And I might just take up the challenge and create it for a future post!)
11) I’m not 100% certain if the award rule is ask 10 or 11 questions (it says 11 on the Global Aussie) so here is one final extra question just in case….Have I finished yet and can I end here?
I hope these questions have been a bit different and I have done a good job writing this accenptance post. I am really honoured that I have received this award as my blog covers a really niche topic and for me to have impressed people who aren’t necessarily Star Wars or lightsaber fans means a lot to me. So once more to Mr &Mrs NW thank you so much for the honour and I will do my best to come up with new and interesting designs and posts.
And for part three of this special post I have to nominate some candidates for their own Liebster Award, so in no particular order…
1) I would like to nominate a long standing friend I mentioned above, TheButtonEyedReader (Thank you for your ever present support!)
Numbers 2 and 3) Again I have mentioned these ladies already, Nancy and Kathleen of Graphic Novelty2
4) This is a guy who has a great sense of humour and a big love of toys and the adverts and catalogues for them, The Vintage Toy Advertiser
5) This next lady is a very talented costume and prop maker who cosplays as various Star Wars characters. All her outfits are made from “scavenged” or repurposed materials. Number 5 is Ella at scavengergreycosplay
6) And finally, this young lady has been feeling under the weather recently but still produces a colourful and charming blog focused on Doll collecting and everyday life for them. Her name is Kiki and writes Kiki Throught the Looking Glass
Please go and check out their sites if you haven’t already and hopefully they will take up the offer.
I think this brings me to the end of this acceptance post but as always I have my thanks to give. An even bigger thank you than normal goes out to MR & Mrs NW for my nomination (it certainly got me thinking and feeling a little crazy coming up with my questions!) And an equally big thank you to all the people I have mentioned here and the thousands of viewers who have looked in and commented, liked and followed me, you are all fantastic! I hope you will continue to check in for my future posts and designs. Till next time.
FTSabersite and all content within (including designs, images and works by Guest Designers) is ©Copyright of For Tyeth/FTSabersite 2018.